Our mission is to serve members and community; promote the area and the quality of life; and work cooperatively to create and sustain an environment necessary for strong economic development.
Not only does your membership help to continue the Chamber's mission to grow Scotland County, but members receive the following special benefits and discounts:
As Member of the Laurinburg/Scotland County Area Chamber of Commerce You and Your Business are Entitled to the Following:
- Listing on our Website with a FREE link to YOUR website
- Listing of YOUR events on our Community Events Calendar
- Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening Ceremony/Public Appreciation Event for your business
- Attendance at the Monthly Business After Hours Events
- Subscription to the Chamber's monthly Newsletter
- Brochure/Business Card displays at our downtown office
- Complimentary set of membership mailing labels (requested w/in first year of membership)
- Use of our Gift Certificate Program (in 2013 over $60,000 gift certificates were purchased and spent with Chamber members!)
Members receive up-to-date information about current business trends, community events and special Chamber programs.
Chamber Happenings e-mails - Our bi-weekly e-newsletter highlights upcoming Chamber events and programs and upcoming legislative, educational and community events.
The Scots' Piper - The printed word from your Chamber goes out at the beginning of each month. Each issue features recent Chamber events, upcoming Chamber events, business-specific and member submitted articles and community activities.
Your Chamber fields dozens of calls and walk-ins on a daily basis specifically looking for organizations or businesses. Chamber members are the ONLY contacts we use to refer visitors or callers.
BUSINESS DIRECTORY LISTING
As part of your membership investment, you will receive multiple listings in both our print and online business directory listings. Our print version is designed similar to the standard phone directory. Our online version is not only searchable by business name or category, but is also live and can be updated 24/7 by you, our member.
Membership Directory & Buyer's Guide - Our printed business directory features our members.
Online Business Directory - Most of us get our information online. Members are all listed on the Chamber website by category, as well as alphabetical for quick and easy navigation.
The Chamber has plenty of advertising opportunities available to encourage visitors and residents to shop with our members.
Print Media- Members can advertise in The Scots' Piper newsletter, which goes out to members and visitors, with space ranging in size from business card to full page.
Website Media - Banner advertising is available on the Chamber website and Chamber Happenings e-mails.
Display Media - The Chamber is the first place visitors to Scotland County stop. Members can display their pamphlets and marketing materials on our front counter.
Sponsorship Opportunities - Not only do sponsors let us continue programs like Laurinburg After Five! and the Chamber on the Half Shell Oyster Roast, but they receive recognition and sign space at events.
Membership in the Laurinburg/Scotland County Area Chamber of Commerce also provides:
- A unified business voice on a wide range of community issues
- Involvement with community projects that are part of our quality of life improvements
- A wide range of Chamber Educational Programs
- Legislative updates and events affecting the business and professional community.
- Promotional and Marketing opportunities available only to Chamber members in a variety of media and market segments
- Networking opportunities with business professionals throughout the Sandhills Region
- Access to quality seminars and educational programming developed with you in mind
- Partnership and membership in the US Chamber of Commerce, and NC State Chamber of Commerce
- A positive image of your business to the public
Printed reference guides include:
- Local and regional telephone directories
- Dining and lodging suggestions
- Local, regional and national newspapers, magazines and business publications
- Public schools, Colleges/Universities and Adult Education Class Listings
- City and State maps
- Recreation in Scotland County (and throughout the State of NC)
- Business clinics and seminars