Richmond Community College
In April 1964, the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, upon recommendation of the Commission of Public Education beyond the High School Level, established Richmond Technical Institute. Seven months later, the voters of Richmond County authorized a bond issue and a tax levy for construction and support of Richmond Technical Institute. In October 1980, the name was changed to Richmond Technical College. In July 1987, the name was again changed to Richmond Community College when the North Carolina General Assembly approved Richmond Community College’s application for community college status.
In 2012-13, RCC served 9,541 students (unduplicated count): 3,179 in curriculum programs and 6,759 in Workforce and Economic Development programs. RCC offers a total of 61 degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
In Laurinburg, North Carolina
Honeycutt Center, 600 McLean Street, Laurinburg, NC - Google Map
Purcell Building, 201 Atkinson Street, Laurinburg, NC - Google Map
St. Andrews Presbyterian College, 1700 Dogwood Mile Street, Laurinburg, NC 28352-5521 - Google Map