SHOP LOCAL is a campaign sponsored by the Chamber to get everyone thinking of shopping local, from the individual consumer to large manufactures to the school system – we want everyone to SHOP LOCAL.
Why SHOP LOCAL is a good thing...
- For every $100 spent at locally owned businesses, $73 REMAINS in the local economy, and $27 leaves.
- When you shop locally owned businesses, your money is recirculated over and over and creates up to 75% MORE TAX REVENUE to your community and state.
- Local shopping increases local sales tax, which WILL BRING NEW BUSINESS to our area.
- Buying from local business CONSERVES ENERGY and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation.
- Dollars spent locally support vital public town and county services.
- Local merchants care more about and INVEST IN OUR COMMUNITY. They donate to local groups, schools, athletics and charities.
- Your local purchases CREATE LOCAL JOBS.
Look for a new way to WIN BIG coming in the fall.